Popular Posts

Friday, October 12, 2012


I had such a hard time falling asleep last night.  I thought of a million different things that I need to do for this move.  Since there is a lot more snow in the mountains than there is in the desert, I'm going to have to buy the kids much better quality snow boots and snow pants than I usually do.  I did get them good coats last spring (I love clearance sales!) so at least that part is taken care of.

We found out that the only housing available right now are 2 bedroom apartments.    So we will be going from 5 bedrooms to 2.  And all 5 of our bedrooms are FULL!  Michael and I each have an office.  His has computer stuff plus his gaming stuff.  Mine has my computer and my craft stuff.  We will both have to make some pretty painful choices.

We did find out that all of the available apartments are in the new complex they recently built.  All of the units are brand new.  Michael was able to find the floor plans so at least I have an idea of what all we'll be able to keep.  http://www.ajcarchitects.com/pixie.php?table=on-the-boards&column=zoom3&id=46

I think the kids will like sharing a bedroom.  A few months ago, we bought the kids bunk beds.  They each have a half in their own room.  At least we won't have to worry about that part.  The hard part will be deciding which toys move and which to donate.  

Looking around my office, I see things that I'm not sure why I'm keeping.  Will I ever need my typewriter?  Highly unlikely.  I think I've been keeping it for the memories.  Yes, I have fond memories of my typewriter!  In high school, I took Russian History for an elective.  I had to write a few papers for the class and laughed every time.  Why?  My typewriter was pretty high-tech for its day.  It had a build-in spell checker.  It was also made before the end of the Cold War.  While writing my papers, the spell checker would beep whenever I typed in a word related to the USSR.  I guess I've been keeping it for its historical relevance.  Ok- it's on the "donate" list!

Brian keeps asking when we are moving.  The answer: we still don't know.  It takes a while to get all the paperwork done.   I think I'll feel better once we have a date.  I'm a planner so it's hard to wait for someone else to do something so I can move forward.

2 comments:

  1. Celia - I like the idea of a blog. Sure keeps me informed anyway. This way I can help in some ways, maybe. As for the typewriter, there are people who pay a lot for old typewriters. I saw a story on "Sunday Morning" about a month ago. For some reason, young people are buying them - the older the better. Why not try Craigslist first? You never know. A little internet search first may give you an idea of a price. That is my help for now. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. I don't know if mine is old enough for someone to actually pay money for it but I will certianly check!

      Delete