Popular Posts

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Stress, stress, and MORE stress!

So much is going on to keep me from focusing on cleaning up the house and getting rid of stuff.  I'll start with the housing situation.

We won our bid for the 2 bedroom apartment.  However, the person in charge of housing is afraid that we'll have problems with 2 kids of different genders sharing a bedroom.  So, he isn't letting us have the apartment.  There will be a 3 bedroom house available in Moose soon so he wants us to bid on that.

I understand his concern.  However, what if we don't win the bidding process on the house?  Then what do we do?  The rent in Jackson is really high and most places don't take pets.  It would break my heart to part with Freddie.  The kids would be pretty upset about it too.  If we don't get this house, then we may not have a choice.  Oh- and after looking at the ads in the paper, we'd only be able to afford a 2 bedroom!

We don't know when we can bid on it.  The Park Service will pay for 1 month in a motel.  I hope we don't have to do that.  Michael would be pretty miserable. 

Our kids are young enough (6 and 3) that sharing a bedroom wouldn't be a huge deal for the next year or two.  I just wish he had asked us what we wanted instead of making the decision for us.  I have no idea how big the houses are and what kind of storage they have.  I know that they do not have a garage but they do have a fenced yard and a small storage shed.  Give and take, I guess.

The other major stressor in our lives right now is the failing health of my father-in-law.  He's been in the hospital for about 3 weeks.  I haven't said anything because I didn't want any family members to find out about it on Facebook or my blog.  Bob was originally hospitalized with an infection in his stomach.  He ended up with a secondary infection.  The doctors got rid of both and we thought he was on the mend.  That only lasted for a couple of days.  His kidneys are no longer working and his lungs are filled with fluid.

Michael and his brother, Jim, are both up in Casper to spend some time with Bob and to give their mom, Pat, support and time away from the hospital if she needs it.  It looks like it's just a matter of time before we lose him.

I'm staying home with the kids since they can't go to the hospital.  We went to visit when the second infection kicked in and it was hard tag-teaming so I could go to the hospital too.  This way, Michael can spend as much time with his dad as he wants without having to worry about us.  It's hard, though.  I want to be there to offer my love and support.

I haven't even called the real estate agent yet.  My house is a mess.  I am sure she's seen messy houses before but I just can't bring myself to call her when it's THIS bad.  I'm hoping to get a bunch of cleaning done this weekend so I can call her next week.  I need to get a list together of what all needs to be done to get the house sold.  I'm kind of afraid to ask!  But, it needs to be done.

The Green Family can use all the prayers and positive thoughts we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment