Popular Posts

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Few Answers...


I talked with one of Michael's future co-workers today.  She is very excited to have more help.  She answered a bunch of questions and didn't get annoyed or laugh at me.  I found out that yes, we can have a dog.  There is  a limit of 2 pets.  Most of the ground floor apartments have fenced yards that go with them as well as a storage shed.  She wasn't sure about the new units (which is all that is available to bid on).

 I'm hoping there is a yard so we can bring our swing set.  It's my mom's childhood swing set and it's made out of cast iron.  They don't make them like that anymore!  Both kids love to swing.  Plus, I just bought a handle that hangs down that the kids can swing by their hands and spin in circles.  I'll have to get a picture because that's not the best description!

If we do have a fenced yard, I'm not optimistic that it will have a 6 foot fence.  Freddie would easily be able to jump a 4 foot fence.  But if we are with her, I'm hoping she would stay put.  If nothing else, I wouldn't have to worry about the kids wandering off if they are in a fenced yard.  Granted I'll still have to keep an eye out for bears and wolves...

I also found out that it will be at least 4 weeks before Michael starts.  They have to do a background check before he can start.  At least they won't have to go all the way back to birth since he had one done when he was in the Navy.

They also pay to move us.  So that changes my plans.  I was going to rent a small trailer to bring up a few things that I know I want to keep and then see how much room is left.  If they are going to send people to my house to pack it and do all the heavy lifting, I'm going to let them!  At least I don't have to go hunt down a bunch of boxes.

The lady I spoke with also gave me the number of the daycare center that's in Moose.  She didn't know if they have preschool or not so I'll give them a call.  I'm also going to ask about job openings.  Since this is a 2 year job with a possibility of a 2 year extension and then MAYBE becoming permanent, I don't really want to get another job that I'd hate to quit.  I need to do something but I don't want to make a major commitment unless the job becomes permanent.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment